Mail sent to inmates should be addressed to:
The Inmate’s Name
Branch County Jail
580 Marshall Road
Coldwater, Michigan 49036
Incoming and outgoing inmate mail is subject to inspection for the presence of contraband that might threaten the safety, security or well-being of the jail/facility, its staff, and residents.
- Inmates may receive only metered, unstamped, plain white post cards no larger than 6″ x 8″ as mail.
- Writing must be in pencil or blue or black ink. Any other mail will be returned to the sender.
- If no return address is available, unauthorized mail will be stored in the inmate’s locker until the inmate’s release.
Inmate mail can not contain any of the following:
- Create an immediate threat to jail order by describing the manufacture of weapons, bombs, incendiary devices, or tools for escape that realistically are a danger to jail security;
- Advocate violence or insurrection; Promote or espouse racial supremacy or ethnic purity;
- Provide detailed instruction in any fighting arts. No current inmate-to-inmate mail will be allowed and will be destroyed.
- Stamps, writing instruments, paper, etc. for inmates must be purchased through the jail commissary.
- No property of any kind can be mailed to or dropped off for inmates.
Inappropriate or unacceptable mail will be returned to the sender and not placed in the inmate’s locker. Those persons attempting to send contraband will be prosecuted.
Questions: (517)-278-2942 or E-mail us at Sheriffbc@countyofbranch.com