Instructions For Paying Delinquent Taxes Online
Online Credit/Debit Card/E-Check Payment Instructions
Go to bsaonline.com to make a tax payment on prior year’s delinquent taxes
NOTE: Butler taxpayers (Parcel #s beginning with “040”) and/or Batavia taxpayers (Parcel #s beginning with “060”) may pay their Summer Taxes to the Branch County Treasurer by selecting the “Current Tax Payment” (under “Online Payments”)
- Type in your Name, Address, OR your Parcel # to search for your property and the Delinquent Tax amount.
- You will then see the search results for the parcel # that you entered. Click on the search result if this is a match as well for the correct address and name.
- OR you will see a listing of the search results based on a name search or an address search. (you will need to choose the parcel # you want to make a payment on – verify the address is correct)
IMPORTANT: Only make an online tax payment if you are confident you are paying the tax for the correct parcel #/name/address. Online Tax Payments are non-refundable.
- Once you click on a specific parcel#, name or address, you will be taken to the “Make a Payment” screen. Input the amount of the payment you would like to make.
- Once you click the “Make a Payment” button, you will be taken to a screen to choose whether you want to pay by “Credit or Debit Card” or by “E-Check”. Select the type of payment you wish to make. (please see applicable fees)
- Then input your Debit/Credit card information & CVV number off the back of the Credit/Debit Card. Please see Delinquent Tax Payment Fees
- OR if you want to pay by E-check, the system will ask you for a Routing/Transit# of your bank, your bank account number, and whether the account is a checking or savings.
- Once the information is input – Click Continue.
- The Taxpayer then has the opportunity to review the payment and either click “Back” to edit the payment, “Cancel” to cancel the payment or “Submit Payment” if they have verified that all is correct and they wish to make the payment. IMPORTANT: Only make an online tax payment if you are confident you are paying the tax for the correct parcel #/name/address. Online Tax Payments are non-refundable.
- The taxpayer will be asked to “click a box” in this same screen to Agree to Point and Pay’s terms and conditions for processing the Credit/Debit/E-Check payment. You must click this box IF you wish to Submit the Payment for processing.
- Once the taxpayer has agreed to the Terms and Conditions and has “Submitted the Payment” and the payment is processed by Point and Pay successfully, the taxpayer will see a screen that shows the payment’s confirmation number. This is the taxpayer’s receipt and should be printed or saved for the taxpayer’s records.
Click Here for Information on the Michigan Homeowner Assistance Fund.
Payment Processing Fees
Credit/Debit Card: 3% of total payment ($2 minimum).
E-Check $10,000 or Less: NO CHARGE (As a benefit to our taxpayers, the Treasurer’s Office is absorbing these fees)
E-Check over $10,000: Flat Fee of $10
NOTE: E-checks can be used online or by phone.