Instructions For Paying Delinquent Taxes Online
Online Credit/Debit Card/E-Check Payment Instructions
Go to bsaonline.com to make a tax payment on 2017 taxes (or prior years)
NOTE: Butler taxpayers (Parcel #s beginning with “040”) and/or Batavia taxpayers (Parcel #s beginning with “060”) may pay their Summer Taxes to the Branch County Treasurer by selecting the “Current Tax Payment” (under “Online Payments”)
- Type in your Name, Address, OR your Parcel # to search for your property and the Delinquent Tax amount.
- You will then see the search results for the parcel # that you entered. Click on the search result if this is a match as well for the correct address and name.
OR you will see a listing of the search results based on a name search or an address search. (you will need to choose the parcel # you want to make a payment on – verify the address is correct)
IMPORTANT: Only make an online tax payment if you are confident you are paying the tax for the correct parcel #/name/address. Online Tax Payments are non-refundable.
- Once you click on a specific parcel#, name or address, you will be taken to the “Make a Payment” screen. Input the amount of the payment you would like to make.
- Once you click the “Make a Payment” button, you will be taken to a screen to choose whether you want to pay by “Credit or Debit Card” or by “E-Check”. Select the type of payment you wish to make. (please see applicable fees)
- Then input your Debit/Credit card information & CVV number off the back of the Credit/Debit Card. Please see Delinquent Tax Payment Fees
- OR if you want to pay by E-check, the system will ask you for a Routing/Transit# of your bank, your bank account number, and whether the account is a checking or savings.
- Once the information is input – Click Continue.
- The Taxpayer then has the opportunity to review the payment and either click “Back” to edit the payment, “Cancel” to cancel the payment or “Submit Payment” if they have verified that all is correct and they wish to make the payment. IMPORTANT: Only make an online tax payment if you are confident you are paying the tax for the correct parcel #/name/address. Online Tax Payments are non-refundable.
- The taxpayer will be asked to “click a box” in this same screen to Agree to Point and Pay’s terms and conditions for processing the Credit/Debit/E-Check payment. You must click this box IF you wish to Submit the Payment for processing.
- Once the taxpayer has agreed to the Terms and Conditions and has “Submitted the Payment” and the payment is processed by Point and Pay successfully, the taxpayer will see a screen that shows the payment’s confirmation number. This is the taxpayer’s receipt and should be printed or saved for the taxpayer’s records. In some cases, some taxpayers prefer to use Filecenter receipt management software or a similar document management program. In such a case, the taxpayer must get in touch with their local treasurer to see if this type of software is accepted as a method of storing payment receipts.
Advice and Help
When it comes to business taxes it is obviously much better to pay these before it gets to the level of delinquent taxes and therefore, incurring penalty fees. Not only is this bad for business but it could be recorded and affect the company reputation later down the line. If a business is hit with audit penalties it could be a good idea for them to get in contact with a lawyer who specializes in tax payments and penalties. This may reduce the effect of the issue and could allow the business to not be starved from money after the tax has been paid.
Payment Processing Fees
Credit/Debit Card: 3% of total payment ($2 minimum).
E-Check $10,000 or Less: NO CHARGE (As a benefit to our taxpayers, the Treasurer’s Office is absorbing these fees)
E-Check over $10,000: Flat Fee of $10
NOTE: E-checks can be used online or by phone.