Requests must be for persons BORN IN BRANCH COUNTY
- $20.00 for the first certified copy.
- $5.00 for each additional copy of the same record, ordered at the same time.
- Non Certificate Copies $5.00
- The flat rate for a copy printed from Microfilm is $10.00. Be advised that the information available varies from year to year. Certification of the microfilm record is $10.00 extra.
- The NON-REFUNDABLE search fee for any vital records is $10.00 for a 10 year search.
How to Pay
Cash or Money Order only: Payable to Branch County Clerk.
No Personal Checks. If received, will be RETURNED back to you.
Branch County Clerk
31 Division St.
Coldwater, MI 49036
Birth records less than 100 years old are confidential documents. These records will only be released to persons listed on the record (child or parents) with proper identification. If all persons listed are deceased and you are a descendent or heir, contact our office for information on how to obtain the document.
- Fill out the Birth Certificate Request Form.
- Include a copy of your Driver’s License/State issued ID Card (if you have an address on the back of your Driver’s License please make a copy front and back) OR provide three (3) pieces of identification.
- Please supply us with a self addressed #10 legal size (9 ½” x 4”) stamped envelope. The mailing address MUST match the address on the identification provided.
If you have questions about which types of documents are acceptable, contact the Clerk’s Office at 517-279-4306.