The following rules are intended to protect the dignity and seriousness of court proceedings. They apply to all persons who enter the courtrooms of the courts of Branch County, including attorneys, litigants, witnesses, jurors, and interested observers. The same rules apply to the Magistrate and Referee Hearing Rooms.
1. No still or video cameras, camera phones, or audio recording devices shall be used in any courtroom without prior permission of the Court.
2. All cell phones, pagers, and similar electronic or communication devices must be turned off or set for silent notification if brought into a courtroom and individuals may not use or answer such devices while in the courtroom.
3. Eating, drinking (including bottled water) and gum chewing are not allowed in the courtroom, except the water provided by the Court.
4. Proper attire is required and no shorts, halter tops, swimwear, or revealing garments such as tank tops shall be worn in the courtroom.
5. Men must remove their hats, caps, and hoods in the courtroom.
6. No unnecessary talking, noise, or other distractions will be permitted in the courtroom.
7. Persons appearing in the courtroom while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs shall be subject to arrest.