Branch County Courthouse

31 Division St.
Coldwater, MI 49036


Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:50pm



Frequently Asked Question:

Additional solutions can be found on each department's page

Can my neighbor drain his/her water onto my property?

No one can alter natural drainage. If it is altered and adversely affects the drainage, the property owner will have to file a civil lawsuit for damages for relief to remedy the situation. Please see the website listed for Riparian information.

Additional information is available at: http://www.mlswa.org/Legal/Legal32.htm

posted 07-16-2012 [Drain Commissioner]