Branch County Courthouse

31 Division St.
Coldwater, MI 49036


Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:50pm



Frequently Asked Question:

Additional solutions can be found on each department's page

If my minor child is adopted, marries, or enters the military service, what happens to my child support order?

When any of these events occur, the court will grant a motion stopping the current child support.  Overdue support must still be paid unless the arrears are waived by the party to whom they are owed.  In this regard, any money due and owing to the State can not be waived by the parties and must by repaid. 

Copies of adoption orders, marriage records, or military service documents should be provided to the court.

posted 07-16-2012 [Friend of the Court]