Branch County Courthouse

31 Division St.
Coldwater, MI 49036


Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:50pm



Frequently Asked Question:

Additional solutions can be found on each department's page

Can I have the fine waived?

If you have a violation that can be waived, you must do the following:

  1. Correct the violation.
  2. Present the citation to any law enforcement officer to certify the correction.
  3. Mail or bring the citation to the court clerk at the address shown before your appearance or hearing date.

The following violations may be waived*:

  • Defective Equipment
    *Fines & Costs are waived if repairs are made, the citation is signed-off by a law officer and the citation is returned to the court within 10 calendar days.
  • No Child Restraint
    *Fines & Costs are waived if you present valid proof to the court within 10 calendar days.

See the Traffic Fines Table for complete information on fines.

posted 07-16-2012 [District Court 3-A]