Hours for in-office research:
MONDAY – FRIDAY
9 am – 11 am and 1 pm – 3 pm.
Space allows for two researchers at one time. Due to limited space it is recommended that researchers not bring children.
The following records of Branch County are available for research in the County Clerk’s office:
- Marriage Records: 1833 to Present
- Birth Records: 1867 to Present
- Death Records: 1867 to Present
- Naturalizations: beginning 1847
- Courts Records: beginning 1833
All the above records are open to the public with the exception of birth records. Birth Records were closed several years ago by the State of Michigan. However, if a person is deceased, an heir or descendant may access the person’s birth record by completing an “Affidavit of Heir” form and providing a copy of the individual’s death record (if requesting a birth record 110 years old or older, a death record for that individual is not needed).
- For certified copies of a record: $20.00 for the first certified copy.
- $5.00 for each additional copy of that record made at the same time.
- Non-Certified Copies $5.00
For searches conducted by the Clerk’s Office Staff:
$20.00 – includes one certified copy.
The search fees covers the cost of a basic 10 years search and includes either one certified copy of the record or an official statement that the record is not on file in our office. A basic search covers your specified 10 year time frame.
No Personal Checks, if received will be RETURNED back to you
Branch County Clerk
31 Division St.
Coldwater, MI 49036